Going international with your Magento Ecommerce store
Are you having a Magento Ecommerce store and have international customers who like using your products, but cannot buy them from your online store? If yes, then you need to scale up your operations and upgrade your Magento E-commerce store, so that international customers can visit your store and shop vis Magento Development Services.
This is a fairly straightforward task and any reliable Magento Ecommerce Website Development Services provider can implement it easily. While carrying out the implementation, the following points must be kept in mind:
Key metrics on your markets sales and market regulations:
It is essential to gather key metrics of your markets, especially information on the demographics of the customers. In the 18 – 35 years age group, buying trends, digital marketing, local market conditions; volumes of sales in the peak holiday season and around popular festivals and competitive scenario.
It is a best practice to get familiarity with the market by engaging with a local partner. Who can provide local intelligence as well as facts about local rules and regulations that need to be complied with?
- Proceed country-wise- Rather than going international in a big way and across many countries, a better way is to proceed country-wise, one at a time. The experience gained in one market proves a lesson for the new market.
- Localization- As a long term strategy, it’s a good idea to integrate your business with the local market. This means doing localization of your online Magento Ecommerce store so that it connects well with local tastes and preferences, has fonts, colors, and content that appeals to the local audience. Being available in a language that local consumers understand. Also makes your e-commerce store a trustworthy one for the local audience.
Few More points about Magento Ecommerce
- Multi-currency payments- Facilitate payment in international currencies on your eCommerce store. This is an absolute must-have because consumers tend to abandon a purchase if they see prices for a product listed in foreign currency. Therefore, in order to avoid a situation of lost business, it is a best practice to provide multiple currency options on the store.
- Secured and reliable payment gateway- Do exercise due diligence, when choosing a payment provider for your online store. For this, your Magento development services provider will recommend you a few payment providers whose payment platform can be integrated into your online store. You will be able to make a decision on the basis of features, level of security, future upgrades, ease of operation and license fees.
- Logistics is the key- As you are dealing with international customers, identify the right logistics partners who can deliver the ordered items to your customers in a fast, reliable and cost-efficient way. This will ensure that your customers don’t end up paying heavy shipment costs.
Magento Ecommerce development partner cum SEO services provider
Choose a reliable service provider who is well-known for Magento development services and also has expertise in SEO. This will serve two purposes. Firstly, it will ensure that your existing Magento Ecommerce store will be enhanced with features to enable foreign currency transactions. And secondly, it will ensure that the store gets optimized to improve visibility in local search results. On a need basis, you can also invest in PPC services. Working with one partner ensures that handover of development work and the start of SEO services are carried out smoothly.
To be successful, it is a best practice to formulate a long term strategy. With a business plan and a budget for international expansion. Hire an experienced marketing consultant and a reliable provider of Magento development services; so that the functional requirements of your business can be implemented technology into your Magento Ecommerce store.